Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pregnancy: Weeks 16 and 17

With the passing of morning sickness comes a wave of exhaustion and... hunger. I've got some Hunger Games of my own going on these days!! Mainly, there's a lot of back and forth chasing of pastries and whatever else I'm craving at the moment. This morning (at 9:18 AM), my craving is bbq ribs and peach cobbler. By the time I research a place in the Bay Area, the craving will pass.

This week, baby is the size of a sweet potato!!
AWWWWWW!!!!

Last week, baby was the size of an onion:

Baby "weighs about five ounces, and is developing some body fat (join the club, baby!). Her heart is now regulated by her brain (no more random beats) to beat 140 to 150 times per minute — about twice as fast as yours! What else is up? She’s practicing the survival skills she’ll need at birth — like sucking and swallowing."

Every once in a while, when sitting upright, I feel a random kick! It's still new enough to throw me off each and every time! I can't wait to feel more!!

In other news, I've narrowed my stroller search down!!! 
Initially, I wanted the Bugaboo Bee! 
It's true awesomeness can only be realized after watching the DEMO video! (I was forever changed.)
Welllll, after seeing the price (it's a whopping $600), I had to sadly let go of that one.

We (I say "we" like my husband is actually interested in researching strollers) have now moved onto the Bumbleride Flyer ($399.99). It's DEMO video is also quite cool! (Tip: scroll down to see video.)
Since this is my second go-around, I've learned a bit about strollers. This time around, my "must-haves" include:
  1. Easy Carrying - I'm looking at 20 lbs or less. My first daughter was within the 95th percentile for weight. Pushing a 20 lb kid in a 30 lb stroller was not fun!
  2. Large Weight Capacity - I want to be able to use the stroller for as long as possible (4 years, ideally). It's amazing how many strollers will only carry you through the first 2 years!
  3. Infant Seat Compatible - The last thing you want to do when baby is sleeping is transfer him from the car seat to the stroller. So, I want to be able to take the car seat out of the car and plug it right into the stroller. 
  4. Large canopy
  5. Spacious basket
  6. Ability to fold quickly and easily
My next research project: cloth diapers!





No comments:

Post a Comment