Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fashion

I keep finding things I love, but I'm hesitant to make a lot of purchases now in case my tastes and styles change. I heard on Morning Edition this morning (listen below) that companies from all over the world (fashion, furniture and beyond) get together in Europe annually with the color-producing company Pantone to discuss the spectrum of colors that will trickle into our living rooms and wardrobes that year.
It's kind of amazing that a group of people in a room determine the colors that people will like each year. And I say "people will like" because I always find myself falling for these colors I never even gave a second glance! Darn their effective presentation! So, it's no coincidence that you can find the same color across brands!!! We are all slaves to fashion...

This year's color (see more):



These are the colors for fall (see more):

I'm already falling for Cedar, Coffee Liquer and Nougat... Although, it's not like these colors didn't exist before this meeting, right? It's not like they invented it!
(Oh, that's just my last thread of individuality revolting. Don't worry - it'll pass as soon as I get my next salemail!)


2 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love that honeysuckle! Even though I'm pretty sure actual honeysuckle is white...

    This post reminds me of the Devil Wears Prada where Meryl has a spectacular Meryl speech about this very subject.

    And that color palate is beautiful! I want all of them, like I want to scoop up that little color report in my arms and snuggle it. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it beautiful? And what's funny is, I'm already seeing similar colors everywhere! DesignSponge features a wallpaper before/after with pretty "honeysuckle" accents!

    ReplyDelete