Sunday, January 9, 2011

New site to stalk!

So, I came across this site while perusing My DIY and LOVE it!

(PSST! They're featured on my Knotty List as well!)
Nonpareil Magazine

It must be a sign from the wedding god, for the blog page featured an invite I've bookmarked (minted.com) and, believe it or not, pictures of MY WEDDING DRESS! Not only that, my dress (designed by OUMA, ETSY.com) was featured in their first issue!!



From their blog:

Behind the Scenes: Issue 01

I get a lot of questions about what it is like to work on photo shoots (I am an art director and graphic designer full time), and I figured I’d take the opportunity on our new Nonpareil Magazine blog to talk about how the photo shoot process works and also show you a few shots that didn’t make the cut.
Our shoot from hair accessories was fun, fast and furious. My photographer, Michael Haug, and hair and makeup artist, Carol Stopera, are fantastic folks who I’ve worked with in quite a few other shoots. In another test shoot, they worked with a fantastic young model, Elle, who was just starting out and was trying to build her portfolio. I was thrilled that she was available the day we were shooting, and she gave us a lot of great options.
Our wardrobe selection was a gorgeous dress from Ouma Clothing. I steamed out the entire dress, layer of tulle by layer of tulle, while Elle was in hair and makeup. After getting into wardrobe, Elle was clamped (even at a size small, the dress was too big for her!) and we got her first hair accessory in.
What else would you like to know about the photo shoot process? Let me know and I’ll happily answer them here!
Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment